Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Buddy System

I am a very active Boy Scout Leader. I train many new leaders on what it means to be a good leader, as well as having fun seeing young boys grow up to be young men. In my training lessons the most important aspect is making sure that young Scouts have a buddy when they are at events. Be it a meeting, a camping trip or a service project outing. A scout needs to have a buddy. If they go to the rest room, the buddy is there to keep watch and to make sure that both scouts make it back to where they came from together. That they both take responsibility that each boy is being safe, watching what they are doing and so much more.

Buddy's are so important in so many ways. I love to have a buddy when I am working out. There are many a days when I am working out that I wish I had a buddy in this journey. Not because it is a competition, but to be held accountable to each other, to encourage each other, to watch out for each other and to take responsibility to a job well done, or even pick you up when you fall down on the "job"

I don't care if it is one person or a few. A buddy is a good way to keep me motivated. I love to walk with a few of the ladies in the neighborhood and really wish they would like to get up early to do that morning walk. I love to walk with my sister 2-3 times a week after work. Not only is it a good way to relax after a tough day of work, but it gives us a chance to catch up on so many things. My son will even join us from time to time on his bike.

Twice a week I am doing Water Aerobics. I have been going to this class with my sister for the last 4 months (has it really been that long) - well, anyways, I not only am getting to work out with my sister, but I am meeting new people. We don't really get a chance to "chit chat", because I want to be sure that I am getting in a good workout, but one of my neighbors from the other side of my street has been coming - even started coming two days, rather than one. My co-worker is talking about coming to water aerobics, too. So many buddies and a way to workout. I love my water aerobics class!!!

I came home tonight and there was that gym membership in the mail today. $10.00 a month - but will I really use it? Can I find a buddy to go with me? Something to think about.

Then some mornings I am getting up to do a workout with my borrowed Wii game. I know I am not working out with a REAL buddy, but having that person on the screen dancing with me feels like I do have a buddy.

Do you have a workout buddy?

Going for my new size!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment