Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Exercise - this is normal!

So today I was thinking about exercise and the fact that most of the time most people don't exercise on a normal basis. Like normal everyday basis. You know - when you get up in the morning and shave, brush your teeth, take a shower, get dressed for your day....that kind of normal. Okay - some of us might not be normal, but the "norm" is mostly everyone does do most of this stuff everyday.

It got me to thinking - if I get up every morning, get into the shower, brush my teeth, have say a morning coffee, read the paper, get myself to work after dressing and making myself look presentable, then why in the world would I not exercise each day?

Most of those things - the getting dressed, brushing teeth, flossing, doing up your hair, makeup (for most of us woman)...those things - can be the "normal" daily routine.

If those things are your "normal" - is exercising part of your "normal"?

You then need to ask yourself - is exercising everyday normal to my routine? Or maybe you ask yourself - WHY ISN'T exercise part of my normal daily routine?

As we are kids and we are growing up, most of us would hear some of these phrases:
"Brush your teeth"
"wash your hands"
"help clear the table"
"take out the trash"
"get in the bath"
"did you do this and that"

I never recall hearing "did you exercise today"?

Now I am not saying that every kid needs to exercise everyday to make it seem "normal", but I wonder, if I had been exercising since I was little, would I really be this size I am now? Would I be struggling to get in my daily exercise?

My exercise goal - from asking "is this normal" to actually say "this is normal"

At this point in my weight loss journey - I hear the alarm go off, I roll over and convince myself to get up. I head to the restroom, then it is so easy to lay back down. Or some mornings I look in the full length mirror and see myself - how long is this losing weight thing going to take. Can't I be there already? And then I lay back down.

Instead of looking in the mirror and giving myself the negative speech I am working hard to say out loud a positive speech. and every time I do the positive I am working towards a new normal in my life - the process of having exercise in my life everyday, each day, and days in between!!!

Working on changing my lack of exercise normal to JOYS of exercise normal.

What is your normal? Everyday, every three days, a few times a week?
What type of exercise do you enjoy the most?


Going for my new size!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment